HABiol is a purely biological and antibacterial natural wood finish used for the impregnation, care and protection of natural wood surfaces.
The main components of HABiol include cold-pressed linseed oil as well as natural tree resins that soak into the pores of the wood, thus preventing the penetration of liquids and contaminants to a large extent. The deep impregnation maintains the natural character of the wood. Solid wood panels breathe, are not electrostatic and have an antibacterial effect. In addition, solid wood can absorb moisture and also release it again if the humidity is low. This, in turn, ensures a healthy room climate.
Well-impregnated work surfaces increase the service life and conserve the natural character of the wood over the long term.
HABiol is tested according to DIN EN71-3 Safety for toys and according to § 31 of the German Food and Feed Act (LFGB), the permit for foodstuff commodities. This means HABiol can be used without hesitation for childrens' toys and for foodstuff commodities (e.g. wooden cutting boards, kitchen worktops made of solid wood, etc.).
HABiol also increases hygiene, especially in hygienically sensitive areas such as the kitchen, bathroom and nursery as well as for furniture, parquet floors and wooden toys, due to its germ reducing effect.
In summary, the following advantages of HABiol can be highlighted:
Easy to use
Low consumption (consumption for initial treatment approx. 1l /15 m²)
Extremely short drying time
Suitable for all types of wood and all untreated wooden surfaces
Be convinced by this biological wood oil.
The main component of HABiol is cold, pressed linseed oil. Greater spreading is achieved by adding natural resins, viscosity and drying accelerators.
Area of application
Instructions for care
Natural wooden surfaces should be cleaned and cared for regularly so they can be conserved over the long term.
1. Thoroughly clean the surface to be oiled
2. Remove water-soluble dirt with a wet cloth, and dry well
3. Remove water insoluble, stubborn dirt with non-woven abrasive with a grain size of 180-300
4. Treat the clean, dry, dust-free surface with HABiol or HABiol-UV. With a lint-free cloth, rub and polish approx. 5 g/m² over a large surface area. Do not leave any wet patches on the surface, they lead to unintended surface shine.
5. This does not generally need to be repeated.